Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Inactive User

Street racing is for people who know they are full of shit when they talk about how fast their cars are and dont want the truth to show up on that big scoreboard at the top end of a dragstrip.

Time and time again a few yrs ago i was called pussy, sissy, wimp....you name it, just because i wouldnt race what was supposed to be the fastest Camaro in town out on the streets with my Roadrunner. that Camaro was one of those ("10 second") cars too.

If liking your car too much to wreck it and wanting to keep your license makes you a wimp, then i guess i just was.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Inactive User

Or maybe some of them, not all, but some of them just like using their cars the way the intended use was for them when they were new.
i dont think that a soccor mom needed 425 horses of hemi to go 3 blocks to the store or take the kids to school.and i can get my bicycle to peel rubber with a little oil on the street, i dont need bi-ply`s and 340 cubes to do that,i cant see the boards of the big three back in 68 sittin down and discussing how they can mass produce a car with 350 h.p. and manual trans so all the young dudes can buy them and rush right down to milan dragway and then put the cars up for the week until sat. comes again and goes right back.
And in the mean time they ride the bike to school or work.As i shake the cobwebs from MY head,I remember a different mentality , Atime when cops would take you home if they caught you drunk or tell ya park it for the night after they caught you in A "Speed Contest" Not oh man oh man,you freakin guys cant do that,to jail.
We are better people now we are more politically corect, and now dot our I`s,That is just publicaly unacceptable, you cant drive next to the yellow line you have to hug the white one, your invading my space on the yellow one.
15 yrs ago a man shoots another man he gets a life term, Now he does it and he gets 10 yrs of mental evaluation because his dad told him he couldnt go to the movies one night and it traumatized him for the rest of his life,and walks due to mental instability due to a traumatized child hood of repression being forced to do his chorse and not play the %$%$#@ x-box all day. Yeah 1500 they must all be full of crap!! what`s your take on that madman??
Old 06-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Inactive User

Wow RR69 that was a tough read.... I can't figure out if your upset with me or not!

Okay, so yes, 30 years ago there was some wild shit happening on the streets and people could get away with almost anything. I agree.

Nowadays, there's more "political correctness" some for the better, some for the worse. I agree.

As far as your "law and order" rant, yeah they also used to give frontal lobotomies and shock treatments to fight depression symptoms. I guess they put the emphasis on rehabilitating the criminals these days instead of letting them share a cell for 20 years with Bobo the serial school girl rapist. Well, if I was a criminal and got busted, of course I'd plead insanisty. I do get upset that the criminals get more help than the victims. But I guess the government feels it's their duty to help the criminals. Kinda like the same way that, after you bomb the hell out of a small country, you have to pay to rebuild it. Weird, eh?

Are kids spoiled rotten these day and are we going to pay for it later? You betcha! That's why I tell my kids that "I don't care if all the other kids are playing outside on a school night, you have homework to do, and at 8:00 you're going to bed". That last part gets tougher this time of year....
Old 06-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Inactive User

mad man, no no babe, I`m grilling 1500,not you,No your my cohort in crime on this one,i was asking for your back up thats all, i was being sarcastic to him about his comment of US being full of crap.you and me are square babe, happy moparing doug
Old 06-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Inactive User

BS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr69half6bbl
mad man, no no babe, I`m grilling 1500,not you,No your my cohort in crime on this one,i was asking for your back up thats all, i was being sarcastic to him about his comment of US being full of crap.you and me are square babe, happy moparing doug

I never said one fucking word about you, madman or anybody else on the board. Yes i do think street racing is ignorant and dangerous, and i WILL always speak my mind, i dont really care if it pisses anybody off or not.

Untill you see me name names in my posts, im not talking about anybody. SO dont try to sit there and accuse me of bullshit like that.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Inactive User

dearest 1500,
You wrote people who street race are full of crap,did you not? is this not a posted topic of street racing for or against?through this whole posting havent mad man and myself been on the "FOR" side,making us street racers and there fore the subject matter of your statement " Who are full of crap" ?
You dont have to put a name along a pointed finger!!
Example: A cop wont give you a break on a speeding violation, so you say you hate cops, not I hate that cop so and so.
you in essence have put mad man, myself, and others like minded together in the catagory of street racers and then pointed a finger saying racers are full of crap, and we are in that group.
So you did include us in your posting,And were we not in your thoughts as you finished your posting seeing as we were the last ones talking on this thread?? please be honost!!
And lest i forget I wrote to mad man that I was ribbing you not attacking you as you have obviously done me, but thats okay i `m not mad. i look forward to your reply,Most respectfully and AFFECTIONATLY yours doug
Old 06-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Inactive User

Yes i did say street racers were full of shit, only because half of them around here claim to have 10 or 12 second cars, but nothing really proving it.

That "and then pointed a finger saying racers are full of crap, and we are in that group" line you threw in there makes it sound like im talking about drag racers too and im not because you see i too am a drag racer, but i do my racing on a NHRA or IHRA sanctioned dragstrip where its legal.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Inactive User

Wink

My fault on the racer part, i should have been more clear, My mind was revolving on the street thing and and left it at that,otherwise,I like the term put up or shut up!
I have never bragged about how fast my cars have been, its ither race me or go home,and its not about if I win the race or not,its just enjoying car people doing car things, I just choose to have different surroundings then the track.
look at the title for this thread, street race stories,thats where its at to alot of mopar people.

Have a good one 1500, it was great rumblin with ya, happy moparing doug
Old 06-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Inactive User

Yeah. I will build my car for the strip. If some stiff competition arises on an open road ill open it up and leave the guy crying but I wouldnt waste my time and cause danger just to blow off some punk ass kid in a 5.0 or Honda most of the time, not worth it. Im 16 though, im pretty mature for my age. Alot of my buddies are older because im into musclecars. You learn alot from old people and their mistakes, and you have alot of laughs at some of them too LOL.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Inactive User

I agree with ya 110% on that "put up or shut up" 69rr. If some dude has a car and says its fast he just needs to shut up about it and run the thing.

I had a pretty good time with this little piss match myself man LOL. But hey, dont we have to do something to add some excitement to the board every now and then?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Inactive User

hey 1500,
yes we do need to keep things lively, or else my back up , mad man, will get complacent and goodness knows we cant have that,lmbo!!
i`m kinda worried about him he hasnt been back to the thread,where you at you crazy canadian???
Are you gonna go to the mopar show at clay city next month 1500?I think its the mid mountain motor plex, its ither mt. Sterling or clay city, they`re havin a big mopar show i`m thinkin about goin to it. keep in touch and happy moparing babe, doug

p.s. hey pistol grip you have a good attitude, keep your front wheels in the air kid!!
Old 06-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Inactive User

That track the Mopar shows gonna be at is in Clay City, 69rr. Its called Mountain Parkway Motorplex. They put on a better show than Bristol does since Bristol went NHRA, besides the racing which is always good they always have a damn good car show and huge swap meet.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr69half6bbl
p.s. hey pistol grip you have a good attitude, keep your front wheels in the air kid!!
Thanks, I will
Old 06-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Inactive User

I normally would bite my tounge here, but I feel compelled to share. I grew up in the 80's and me and all of my friends had 60's-and 70's muscle cars. I had a 67 Belvedere 2dr my buddies had a 71 super bee and a 68 super bee. Countless other ole pigs hung out with us, 70 Challenger, 69 Charger etc... we had our own little Mopar Club. What we had was more horsepower than sense to be honest. We had several locations around town that we would go and race, everyone including the cops new where they were. Usually in industrial area's that were abandoned at night or on highways out of town. We always had someone at the end checking for traffice and we would run a good quarter mile. We never raced around other cars nor where we did not know the roads. Not that it made it any safer, nor more legal but we made sure that if we killed anyone, it was just us and not someone else.

On a side note we did lose a friend who had a 72 Chevelle, he wanted a "Posi" but couldn't afford one so he welded the spider gears together. HE was racing the aforementioned 70 Challenger and was losing badly as they went around a corner the weld broke and he lost it....
Old 06-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Inactive User

hemi,
thank you for the input,I`m sorry to hear of your freind! the type of racing you describe is exactly what we have been in support of, I see no harm in it knowing that i accept the circumstances for what ever happens just like the guy next to me,in 23 yrs of street racing I have only had 1 bad experience, and it was my fault, and in traffic,I got on it put it sideways and almost hit a car next to me, so I learned my lessson and stuck to the back roads, doug
Old 06-21-2006, 03:27 PM
Inactive User

Default The ole too much HP not enough tire

I loved Friday Nights, We cruised the strip in town looking for prey but the unwritten rule was no one even played on the strip, too many cops and way to crowded. I won more than I lost but the rush of knowing you were about to open her up and let her eat. I think we were smarter back then, these kids today have 500hp Front wheel drives that get away from them pretty easy. I know my ole Belvedere had trouble with the 50's I had on the back, the sure grip came in very handy. I got it honest, my dad had a screamer 69 Charger 440 4bbl and was king of the town. The one thing I hate about the strip is always without fail, they would line up Mopar against Mopar, we had to eat our own just to get to an Oval or a bowtie.....Its a darn conspiracy I tell ya!!!!! At least on the street you chose your prey, or they chose you!!!!

MOPAR TO YA
Old 06-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Inactive User

(sigh).......Yep, those were the good ol' days.