Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:32 AM
Inactive User

Default k car against the CRX

as some may know, i've got a fun winter beater, a plymouth acclaim, since the thing is painted with a spraycan and looks like shit (except being flat black is fun), and since it has a nice 3" exhaust with a stainless sidepipe with just a muffler in it, it is a rather obnoxious vehicle to have around. After taking some ladies out to see tokyo drift (bah!), another young fellow in a CRX that sounded like a tin can, and had stickers all over it to boot, follows me out and at the first red light we meet, he starts revving up. Of course, i'm not one to turn down a challenge, and after a quick look around for cops, i start powerbreaking to about 2k and as the light turns green, i drop it. The car is not used to being driven this hard, so the tranny goes up to near 5k before it shifts, and again, and again, and soon enough i'm probably 10 lengths ahead of this guy wondering what the hell just happened. so i decide to stop at the next light and wait up for him, he demands a rematch. We go it again, same results, so i figure i'll wait one more. As he is grumbling about how he blew shifts or something (hah! no he never!), we pull over and he wants to see what is in it. I think he now officially fears 6's, just wait till i start to hop this thing up . All it has done so far is some intake porting and the exhaust, as well as a tranny cooler so i dont kill the thing. Man, that was an asswhooping
Old 06-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Inactive User

that's great man.........i gotta see pictures of that acclaim.

i'll be laughing for weeks thinking of that.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Inactive User

lol, took her camping and playing with big RWD cars and trucks at the gravel pit hasnt fared too well, i'm doing bondo and paint this week here coming up, i'll post some pictures when i'm done. Man this car cannot be killed! has no problems getting up to 160 km/h where it governs out, has no problem handling when i get bumped at about 150 and have to bring it under control, the only thing its lacking si a slightly tighter turning radius and a ilttle more pickup, maybe a 5 speed, whatever though, for being my winter beater, its a hell of a car. runs probably 15's, but is a damn sweet car for bagging around. anyways, yeah, pics to come when i get her looking semi-decent again.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:22 AM
Inactive User

I know wat you mean I have similar fun in my LeBaron (when not broken).
Old 07-14-2006, 05:15 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
has no problem handling when i get bumped at about 150 and have to bring it under control

I don't even want to know!
Old 07-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Inactive User

lol, any day now i'll get a camera and take pics, at the 150, it was km/h, those things govern out at 165 km/h (about 90 miles an hour give or take a few) buddy in a crown vic clipped the front right corner and after leaving skid marks on all 4 wheels for a good hundred feet or so i managed to bring her back in a straight line and slowed down. the way the car performed was really really quite impressive.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Inactive User

Smile

I like thist story, 'may have to share it with some friends.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:57 AM
Inactive User

they're damn good cars, fairly safe, fairly simple, just a pain in the ass to work on.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Inactive User

I know if I had one of those GLHS Omnis, the ricers would be surprised, even though its turboed they dont know anything about them. I would love to pick one up cheap for the winter time, I would be dumping the clutch at every stoplight lol.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Inactive User

bingo, i'm trying to work out a supercharger/turbocharger setup for the acclaim, the pisons and bottom end look like they can take a fair bit of heat and abuse, so it might be possible to get some serious power out, just the frame would need to be strengthened a LOT
Old 07-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Inactive User

Im sure you can make something work. Do you know any machinests? My dads a machinest and can make all kinds of crap. With something like custom rigging a supercharger, the hard part is making brackets to hold it in the right spot. Im thinking about putting a small turbo on my tractor, but thats another story lol.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Inactive User

actually, more or less it'd just involve me getting much better at welding, or else finding a guy who can tig weld some nice stainles headers for me. or at the very last resort is taking it at the crossover, as far as the bracket for the supercharger, well, this car just so happens to have a non-working A/C, and its a pretty heavy duty bracket, so probably a new pulley and a little bit of hacking here and there, and voila, a perfect mounting spot for a junkyard supercharger like from a supercoupe or something runninh moderately low boost. The biggest problem i see is finding a good fuel managment system, since i'm too cheap to build and tune megasquirt for a winter beater like this, i'd probably have to use something from a turbo ricer with a 6 in it, and modify my sensors and stuff to work good, as well as maybe retrofit their injectors on. Just my cheap car that i like to screw around on as much as humanly possible, and when it blows up, do a little repair work/rebuilding and it is good as new.

Now how about a 5 speed swap?
Old 07-29-2006, 05:09 PM

any 2.2 t 1 omni, that would run them, or just t2 it, or mod a 2.5 t1,their heads would be spinning, and they would not even hear it idleing