Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Inactive User

Default First post, my '53 Cranny

This thread sucks without pics, but this is the first board that I have ever been on that required posts before inserting an image. So I guess I will search around and thread whore myself out until I get 25 posts and can actually use the board.

This would be a picture of my new 1953 Cranbrook, but I cant post pics yet!

I would really like some skirts if anybody out there has any?
Has the original flat 6 and three on the tree. I told my wife the first drive was like arm wrestling a gorilla. I am starting to get the hang of it. I will need to rewire it as the old wire is starting to get fragile. In the week since I got it the headlights already quit working. Good solid body with poor paint. I am building a truck, so the idea is to drive this as is until the truck is done and then redo this.
CHAZ
Old 03-01-2008, 11:53 PM

Those of us that have been here awhile like the feature, as it kills a lot of spambots.

Please read the following thread about your post count issues - http://www.moparchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109476

If you still want to complain, then maybe you should stay with the boards that that don't have post count requirements.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoof View Post
This thread sucks without pics, but this is the first board that I have ever been on that required posts before inserting an image. So I guess I will search around and thread whore myself out until I get 25 posts and can actually use the board.

This would be a picture of my new 1953 Cranbrook, but I cant post pics yet!
If your photos are on your computer and not too large, you can post as an attachment. Photo links need the 25 post requirement
Old 03-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehostler View Post
Those of us that have been here awhile like the feature, as it kills a lot of spambots.

Please read the following thread about your post count issues

If you still want to complain, then maybe you should stay with the boards that that don't have post count requirements.
Yeah I need 25 posts to be able to put a pic on the classic mopar board that only has 74 posts on the whole board. I (wrongly) assumed I would get some better info here than on the HAMB. I will go ahead and listen to your advice and stick with the more helpful boards.
Thanks,
CHAZ

I had to redo this post since your quote had a link in it, now that is funny!
Old 03-02-2008, 03:25 PM

Wow, are you saying that we only have 74 posts on this entire board? I alone have over 12,000 posts and Dick is just shy of 6,000 posts. The homepage lists the following stats - Threads: 101,509, Posts: 687,574, Members: 43,336. So, I don't get where you came up with that number.

If you actually ask questions, instead of complaining about the way the board is setup, you may get helpful information.

As your car is a much older vintage, it may take a while before it is seen by the right person. Most of us are dealing with the musclecar era. There is a small number of folks that know something about your era of car.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:52 PM

He'd be right at home on the Inliners forum, welcome at the Forward Look...

But unfortunately he's misread the intent of the post you made earlier, Ed. I'm sure you're right, someone will come along here and have all the info he needs... if he needs any... and someone will come along that he can advise too.

Let's hope he comes back and posts his way through his initial 25.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Inactive User

Sometimes folks really need to consider the REASONING behind some rules: those who like instant gratification are rarely happy in life. I personally kind of like the fact that you have to prove yourself before posting links, because as we all know links can be harmful, and this give the mods a chance to evaluate someone.

Besides, reading is more important than posting, you learn more with your mouth SHUT .
Old 03-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Inactive User

Vintage Mopar chat, three pages, about 74 posts. I don't care much about anything made after '63.

I would prefer if this thread would be closed or locked. I don't think there would be much for me here anyway.

On the other boards I am on the mods just delete the spam, instead of engineering in limits to avoid them having to police the board.

Thanks,
CHAZ
Old 03-02-2008, 07:58 PM

Your number are off. The Vintage forum has 6,441 threads with a total of 40,279 posts.

On this board, we believe in "work smarter, not harder". At the same time, I am the mod for 2 of the forums. I work 40 hours a week and sleep 8 hours a night. I spend no more than an hour a day, policing the forums. So, if a piece of spam showed up at 10 PM, it might be there until the next time that I log on, around 8 PM the next night. So that is 22 hours that the SPAM sat there. Using the tools to help you, prevents this lag on over 90% of the SPAM that tries to get in.

Not even 5% of the new comers have a problem with the policy. The rest of the members appreciate the policy. So, I don't see it changing anytime soon.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:15 PM

"On the other boards I am on the mods just delete the spam, instead of engineering in limits to avoid them having to police the board."

It's been awhile, but spam used to be a horrible problem. Like Ed, I've spent my share of time just deleting spam posts, some to things no way you'd want a member of your family to see. Present board policy is because of abuse in the past. I'm sorry if this offends you. I really like the older era Mopars and I'm not alone here by any means on that and once you get your post count up enough to post pics, I'd really like to see your stuff. Or you could just paste the url in and let us copy it for ourselves.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Inactive User

Your number are off. The Vintage forum has 6,441 threads with a total of 40,279 posts.

I just checked again, 3 pages on vintage Mopar chat, are the other 6,000 plus thread for people with more posts?
CHAZ

I tried to change my profile so I wouldn't get email from this board anymore but I still do, could you delete my user name please?
Thanks
Old 03-02-2008, 09:34 PM

You need to edit your user CP, by default, it only shows active threads from the last 2 weeks. If you change it to all, you will see over 100 pages of threads.

You are getting emails, as you are subscribed to the thread. I forget how to unsubscribe a thread, as I never use the feature.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:04 PM

I"d still like to see the pics of the 53 if u guys are done arguing. Send me a pic and I'll post it for u. whtbaron@yahoo.com
Old 03-04-2008, 06:48 AM

Agreed... let's stop the prima donna stuff, just get on with appreciating Mopar models of long ago... and the early fifties was a nice era.

Get your post whoring done, come back and post pics.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:57 AM

He can actually post pics as attachments.