Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Inactive User

Default Sandblasting question!

Ok So i'm going to sandblast my floor tomorrow...How long do you wait to paint or do people Sandblast what they want...clean and prime..then do there bodywork? would that work or is that a waste of time..reason being i'm not going to be able to sandblast the entire floor of my car and repair it all at once(Due to the fact i have to work to support this car habit) I was thinking of having it entirely sandblasted also...but again...Should i paint it again right away in a coat of primer to stop it from rusting or at least slow the process or leave it..thinking touching it and things on human hands will cause rusting fast again other than the fact that if theres some left it will surface rust for sure no?
Old 05-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Moparchat Bronze member

The only thing I'm going to say about this is after you expose the metal, do not wait to long on putting primer on it or it may rust up you rather quickly and end up wasting time in doing part of it again.

Working the floor a little bit at a time is not a bad way to do it at all.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Inactive User

Default In your climate

I would definitely use POR15 etching solution and then their black rust preventer to permanently stop rust. If you have any body work to do to the floors, do it before the POR15 application. Also remember, you must prime over the POR15 after it dries.