Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Inactive User

Default Need Help finding "recessed ribbed" roof

Hi,

This is my first time here. I am looking for a specific "recessed ribbed" roof off of an old Mopar station wagon. I do not know the exact year (early 60's?), make (Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth?), or model (Valiant, Fury, etc.?).

What I do know is this: The roof top is probably off of an early 60's Big Wagon. It has "recessed" ribs running down the top of the roof from front to rear.

There are about 5 or 7 rows of recessed ribbs, tightly packed, running down the center of the roof with about 2 or 3 rows of recessed ribs running down both side edges from front to rear.

Thus the ribs would run like this: ll lllllll ll from front to rear and they are recessed down into the roof.

Please advise as to what makes, years, and models had this roof. This will make my junk yard search much easier.

Also, if anyone knows of such a roof for sale, PLEASE e-mail me at mhillen@hotmail.com and list the subject as: "Ribbed Wagon Roof" or call me at Black Canyon Harley Davidson, (970) 252-0900 Ext. #106.

Thank you all for your help.

Mark Hillen
Olathe, Colorado
Old 05-05-2008, 04:17 PM

I'm sure someone here will know... but you might look at the gallery in the Dodge Polara site and see if anything there matches what you're looking for.

What purpose do you have for this, by the way? It seems that you must be replacing something that such a roof panel has previously been used to make.