Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Vintage MOPAR chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Inactive User

Question Horn madallion

I own a 52 coronet club coupe and
recently found a horn madallion in
a junkyard it is in excellant cond.
The owner told me to call back Wed.
for a price. I have no idea what it is worth , any suggestions on what I
should pay. Thanks Jim
Old 04-28-2002, 02:35 AM

This is a toughy, I'd say around 5 to 10 bucks, cause let's face it, how many other 52 Dodge owners are going to be in there, competeing with you to get the part. Also, I have to wonder if there isn't one setting on a shelf at Carlisle or Hershey or some Mopar or vintage car swap meet, in NOS condition. The fact that he wants you to call back for a price, would make me cautious, cause he's probably angling for the top market price, whatever that may be. Every junkyard owner is different, like I said, I'd sell you the button cheap, just so maybe you'd come back when you needed something. Other places seem to need to get full market value on everything, plus 10 % or more , on every transaction. On the other hand, it's 50 year old now, so you may not find another one. has anyone been to a large swap meet lately, who saw what a 50's era Mopar horn button was going for? I wouldn't pay a large amount for anyway, unless I was really desperate, cause it's still been out either in that yard or just in the car and aging all these years, and until you get it off without it cracking, you don't have it in your hand yet. One other thing, don't forget gas and the taking of time to travel to a swap meet, so if you can get the button off without breaking it, paying a bit more for something you have right at hand, may be better than looking around for one.