Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Virtual Chrysler Shareholders Meeting!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Inactive User

Default Take pride in the US

Have you seen the Chevy comercial everyone is wearing the EVERBODY t-shirts and the idea is that perception is that the forgein cars are better at this and that. Thats because the Media and magazines tell it that way when msn compars MPG of the new Dodge truck to a Camry, What a joke, how about comparing the 300 to cars that are about 9000 more in price.
Go to Korea or Japan and try to find a us dealer that isn't co located to their manufactures and then try to buy a us car, you won't get much help either mayby a little help with them trying to change your mind to buy their counties car. Don't forget about that price either, and the hefty import fees or/and taxes. But It is their national pride that keeps them from buying US cars and the price.

We need more national pride support the US! take pride or move out!

I'm sure there will be those that rebuttle what I am saying but that is your freedom is this counrty not in many others.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Inactive User

Default Msn

Should not surprise you. Their kind of "journalism" has cost them a decline in audience of 45% since October '08. Similar decline at CNN, and "news" papers with wacko left policies are dying like flies.
I have preached BUy American on this site for a few years. There are still people who think that if a foreign brand is made here, it's American. It is not. The profit goes to the foreign country. The factories here are simply providing a service to the brand.
There is always one other important fact that is overlooked by foreign buyers. What happens when we need a response from our manufacturing base to fight a major conflict somewhere in the world? Who built the greatest war machine in the world and literaly won the second world war? Chrysler tank, Dodge truck, Willys Overland Jeeps, Ford Motor trucks and airplanes, G.M. trucks, tanks, airplanes, Grumman aircraft, North American Aircraft, Lockheed Aircraft, Consolidated Aircraft, IBM, Winchester, Browning, Kaiser Steel and shipbuilding ( a ship complete in 30 days!), Smith and Wesson, Springfield Armory etc etc.
The last Airforce tanker contract went to a foreign airplane conglomorate which is subsidized by foreign countries! Grumman Aircraft has only a minor role. That contract is being contested by American aircraft builders as we speak.
Where's the problem? Congress!
Old 05-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Inactive User

Mopar couldnt agree with you more. US car makers had a ruff patch but it seems to me nothing is being said about how good there cars are now. I have bougth 4 new pickups since 94 and they where and still are great trucks i bought a 2000 So called DODGE stratis also nown as a mitsabishi eclipse total peace of crap. Then you here them talk about how great there imports crap is they couldnt do half the stuff my rams would do.Im tired of being sold out by are government ant the media and most of all the poeple in the US. So remember if you are out of work eat your foriegn car.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:06 AM

You guys need to get down to the Off Topic Forum. I'm debating with about 3 or 4 guys who have a history here of doing the exact things you're talking about. Peg Leg, you know exactly what I mean. It's in the "nagging" thread.
Chrysler isn't even safe from the unfair and inaccurate bashing here in our own Mopar forum. "Own" I mean, if you're actually a Mopar fan.
I'm sure if Chrysler ever does fold, the anti-American bashing patrol will go hard after yet another US company or industry.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

can anyone name something that Americans are typically the best at?
can Germans or British?
for those that done know or havent met any Germans or Brits most do share a common image or idea of what they are good at or what the Average Brit/German is all about.
Americans have lost this for 2 reasons
Multi culturalism(from the left)
radicalism of our political views
that is
whenever someone from one side holds up "what an ideal American is" Like Billy Gram Martin Luther King, Ted Turner, Bill Gates the other side automatically finds a single flaw or two of that person and discards that person.
that is to say a majority Americans dont have a firm image of what a "ideal American" is, there is no one Americans wish to mirror.
and thus the only thing we are left are empty images like Athletes or movie stars to idealize.
Without the broad view of "a good American" or one that we should aspire to be like, we are left with just the individual, who is lead by our desires.
Proof of this
ask a Brit or Frenchman who they actively idealize most will mention Winston Churchill or Charles DeGaul, both WW2 fellows...When we mention another WW2 fellow,FDR , what do almost half of Americans say?

Why are we different than other WW2 Allies?

as far as germans, they also dont have a single Icon(like Americans) but unlike Americans they do have an image and that is something made in Germany IS quality IS reliable and has innovative engineering, that is their hallmark and they take pride in it. Dont believe me, ask one.
So why are Americans different?
Americans have given up on excellence and traded that in for a desire of wealth or the image of wealth.
thus our drive for spending money on whats cheaper not what is better.
Better quality or better for the country.
American Cheapness...if its cheaper we will sell out our grandmother to get something a tiny bit less expensive without thinking at all what or who we are undermining.
The big 3 have been dominated by bean counters for so long it hurts. The reason bean counters have been so prevalent is because the American consumer demands cheap cheap cheap, this at the expense of quality. Only in the past 10-15 years has this started to change, and now the "big" 3 have an image created by 20-30 years of cars made "on the cheap" to fight against.
this is also partially due to the greed of the Unions(making cars more expensive) and being coperate execs who are mostly interested in rising in the company and not on the companies health and image.
American business philosophy does not consider "Quality" a marketing tool. they would rather rely on flashy commercials, Nascar and incentives rather than build cars worth a sh!t.
American consumers(who are eager to sell eachother out) shop at "ChinaMart" without considering where all that stuff is made, and even those who do look at the "made in China" label dont care enough to change their buying habits. At this point its so bad that there are alot of products they cant help buy by, because there is no alternative.
That is to say most things you own ARNT made here, and no one buys the stuff we do make....How do you have a healthy economy if no one buys your cr@p? Can we all really just sell cell phones and mow lawns for a living?
there is more but I will stop there
Old 05-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Inactive User

whell said max. We did have an image several. Goerge Washington. But now he's a bad guy because he had slaves but at that time it was OK since then i could think we had an image of saving the world against the Germans who i might add no longer take pride in their cars anymore either plastic crap with eletrical problems. Just ask the French a$$holes OH thats right they boycot us! Why Target and Micheline is owned by the French and do business in the US. But our great public schools are teaching otherwise. Our parents are also brain washed too. I live in a country where everybody is brainwashed and cheap enough to sale are ansisters out who put there lifes on the line for are future and this is how we say thank you for everything you did and the sackrafises you made and the lovones you lost. I am olmost sad to say i am an AMERICAN because of the way poeople have become in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

my only point of contention would be that Germans, who have recently passed a clunker bill, of the cars turned in for that 1500.00 have bought a majority(80%) German cars, that is Audi, BMW, VW and MB.
If we pass a clunker Bill in the US would we see 80% of cars bought being American or created by domestic auto-manufactures? and Why not?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:21 PM

My only problem with a clunker bill will be the only cars turned in will be old pieces no longer in use. It'd be harmful to the old car hobby as the supply of parts cars dries up. If it still moves or is operational in a fashion, people will drive it till dies, then turn it in.
I don't see how a clunker bill will have any affect on what a person decides to buy, at least in the US. Between the brain washed here who bow to The East and the other folks who are just clueless, I doubt that you'd see 80% buying domestic vehicles here.
Clunker laws are worse than useless. Scrap prices have a larger effect on how many vehicles are recycled than any legislation and we certainly don't need anything that may turn into a governmental regulated disaster.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Im not saying the Clunker bill had any influence, what I am saying is NOTE the fact that when germans went to buy a new car they chose 80% of the time to buy a German car...80% of germans if given a choice choose German cars(VW Audi, BMW MB) Would 80% of Americans buy a Domestic car? Why not?
Old 06-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Inactive User

Has the US been thinking about starting this clunker bill?
Old 06-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Yes is has...Sema has been a little concerned about it
Old 06-02-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwedge View Post
Would 80% of Americans buy a Domestic car? Why not?
Because this generation of Americans are idiots. They see a magazine article paid for by foreign interests, or a blurb on the tv or online and they turn their back on American workers and their own interests and buy foreign.
We're losing the war the previous generation won, and we're giving away our country and our prosperity. Future generations in the US will curse the ones who destroyed our economic stability, and they'll deserve it.
The sad thing, even then, there'll be ones who don't understand what happened and will curse the victims instead.
Communists used to say they'd defeat America without firing a shot, but it's not them defeating America, it's foreign manufacturers.
We had best protect our market while we still got one, if it isn't already too late.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Its like the American Civil war, one of the major reasons the south lost was the fact that all the battles took place on its ground. All the battles for the auto industry take place in Europe or the North America. In a recent interview on Charlie Rose, the former head CEO of GM Wagner, said in Japan only 4% of auto sales are foreign(that is foreign to Japan). Germans arnt as protective, they are just very very proud of things done in Germany...it is interesting that that 2 countries we fought against in WW2 are also the most proud and most protectionist...
Old 06-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Inactive User

Well said, support our US companies, impose an import tax or whatever on import cars like those forgein countries do and call it what ever they call it.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Inactive User

Speaking of Japan, my cousin teaches English there for over 30 years.

Japan does have fees. Inpection fees, transpotation fees, so a Jeep there costs $40K, the same Jeep here costs $25K.

He said if Jeep sold a $25K vehicle in Japan, they would sell a ton of them.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUADRATIC View Post
Japan does have fees. Inpection fees, transpotation fees, so a Jeep there costs $40K, the same Jeep here costs $25K.
The way I figure it, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Let's apply the same fees to imported automobiles. Why should we give any foreign auto company comparatively free access to our own market when they won't do the same with theirs?
Cutting our own throats with an import knife is what we're doing...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Inactive User

send the uaw over there; the unions can help break them!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Inactive User

I Got a new Challenger and I think it's great, lets see what the imports can do that can top a new Challenger!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:44 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwedge View Post
Its like the American Civil war, one of the major reasons the south lost was the fact that all the battles took place on its ground. All the battles for the auto industry take place in Europe or the North America. In a recent interview on Charlie Rose, the former head CEO of GM Wagner, said in Japan only 4% of auto sales are foreign(that is foreign to Japan). Germans arnt as protective, they are just very very proud of things done in Germany...it is interesting that that 2 countries we fought against in WW2 are also the most proud and most protectionist...
That's a true statment about the Germans. They, will admit they followed a madman in WW2, but will allways have an excuse. for what ever decisions they make. WW2 wasan't their fault, it was the raw deal they got ending WW1 that "pushed" them into it. If you really could get a German to admit it, they think they would have won WW2 if it wasen't for the shear number of weapons the Americans were able to throw against them. It wasen't the quality of the American planes, only the quantity that defeated them. You know why Germans won't buy an American car? Their media has them brainwashed (the opposite of ours) that there German products are superior to the american "junk". Even Mercedes Benz thought that was true when they owned Chrysler. The fact is when they took over they were going to fix Chrysler and make it like Mercedes. Well, Mercedes cars actually had worse JD Power ratings then Chrysler! Mercedes trucks (Freightliner & Sterling) are junk, that falls apart. They are cheaply made poorly finished & have lousy brakes. Ask any truck driver about Freightliner. The first thing they say is "oh you mean freigtshaker or freightgrinder" It's true, I drive medium trucks for a living. The freightliners are awfull, The Sterling's at least have a nicer cab, but that cab was designed by Ford. (Sterling has been discontinued by the way).
The real reason Mercedes "bought" Chrysler (it was never a merger as reported by the press) was to bleed it of cash and kick them to the curb. They never intended to make one great global car company, The only plan was to make Mercedes richer. Oh.. Their excuse? The american workers are stupid & lazy and the Unions. Well they were right about the unions. The real reason is their real belief that they are Superior to us. I will never buy a Mercedes product, car or truck.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Inactive User

Us English just like to point out to the germans that they came second! That normally upsets them.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Inactive User

Default Insults

Continue. A Newsmax article today showed that 80% of cars bought under the Clunker offer are foreign brands, and mostly Japanese or Korean! Our magnificent government is watching Rome burn.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peg leg View Post
Continue. A Newsmax article today showed that 80% of cars bought under the Clunker offer are foreign brands, and mostly Japanese or Korean! Our magnificent government is watching Rome burn.
Id like to see what the number of foreign vs American cars are being scrapped. Im sure we can all guess which ones are being scrapped in higher numbers.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Inactive User

I was on some site that had some of the cars and the mileage on them when traded and despit what the the forgein car advocates would say it was the US cars that had the highest mileage. Mostly trucks and SUV's.