Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Virtual Chrysler Shareholders Meeting!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:14 AM

Gripe Smear artist Peter Valdes-Depena attacks Chrysler...again.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/16/auto...sler/index.htm

Read and see the difference between what the people being interviewed said and what captain smear artist with 2 last names tried to twist things into.
Something needs to be done, this clown writer is hurting Chrysler and American workers and industry with his biased agenda.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:38 AM

Biggrin

Why is it a smear?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:56 AM

Because every piece I've ever seen written by this guy on cnn.com is always ALWAYS derogatory towards Chrysler.
"Unlike General Motors, which has continued to roll out new and redesigned products even as it entered and exited bankruptcy, Chrysler has had little to tout."
"In terms of smaller cars and more fuel-efficient crossover SUVs, nothing is expected from Chrysler in the near future."
There's there's the quote from the "analyst":""That is that Chrysler is over, basically," he said of Chrysler's flagship car brand. "Within five years, you're going to see nothing.""
That quote was from some guy named "Todd Turner of Car Concepts Automotive Research". Why the hell should we care what that clown thinks? He was supposed to be interviewing Sergio Marchionne, who actually said ""We were surprised by how little had been done in the past 24 months," Sergio Marchionne told reporters in Frankfurt, Germany.

Chrysler will present a revised business plan in November, Marchionne told reporters.

"We have to be absolutely clear about what we want to do with Chrysler and, as a management team, where the organization is going to be in five years," Marchionne said, according to the industry newspaper Automotive News."
You could say he was taking a swipe at Cereberus perhaps Daimler, but that's it.

That's a huge difference from the crap that Peter's puppet was mouthing. Next time I hope they leave out the crap from the mouthpiece who is paraphrasing what Mr. Marchionne had to say.
Someone should also advise Peter that the SUV market has been in the toilet, might not want to worry about that market so much right away either... In fact, I think CNN needs a different writer to cover anything Chrysler related. I just doubt Peter's writing ability and neutrality with this.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Inactive User

Default The new morality

Extends to the press in this case.
You can say anything, do anything, hurt anyone or any business to make a point for your agenda, and when you are revealed to have that agenda and to want to intentionally damage that entity, all you have to do is say "I'm sorry".
The damage has been done, but you are off the hook.
Example:Michael Vick, and so many others who say or do things morally contemptuous, and continue to enjoy the media spotlight, and keep their high paying jobs.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:40 AM

Biggrin

I still don't see it as a smear. What part of the article do you refute as being based on fact?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:44 AM

That they used Marchionne's name to present Turner's opinion as fact or at least imply that it has more force than it should have.
Do you think they asked Mr. Marchionne if he agreed with Turner before they added his interpretation? I bet not.....
I don't think Chrysler is "over", I don't want it to be over and I think that some clowns do, to the detriment of both Chrysler as an American company and to anyone who works or supplies them.
Also, I'm just sick of this Valdes-Depena, EVERY time I see a piece from him on CNN, he's putting Chrysler in a bad light. He's more of a hired attack dog than a fair journalist. But the real deal is, if no one stands up when these clowns do their smears, then it's so easy for others to just take their opinion as truth. I just wish I had the chance to ask Marchionne if he likes having words put in his mouth. He's saying he's getting ready to show plans for the next 5 years and the other guy is saying it's "over". Depena even stole the article from Automotive News. It's BS cut and paste journalism. Todd Turner is an ass, Peter Valdes-Depena is a hack.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Inactive User

I agree and i am getting sick of the crap the media keeps hanging on chrysler
I sure would love to know where these clowns get their facts or their bs cause it ain't comming from the horses mouth,I mean how many times do we need to be reminded about the bankruptcy, Chrysler got screw'd by dumbler ,
whats GM's excuse?