Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Virtual Chrysler Shareholders Meeting!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:09 AM

Default Opportunity Knocks

I think it is time to change the moniker of Fiat meaning, Fix It Again Tony, to Fully Integrated Automotive Technology.

The deal here is that since GM is owned mostly by the US Government, it isn't going anywhere soon. What is Fiat's goals with owning Mopar? Is it just to cannibalize it or to reinstate it? Is Fiat in it for the long haul or just a short term deal? Or is it just a stepping stone for introducing their European models in the US?

I think faith in Chrysler is at an all time low. Something needs to be done on the public relations front to show the commitment to the long haul if this deal is to succeed. I am a devout Mopar fan and I don't know if I would buy a new vehicle from them now. I am worried about future parts for my 2003 Ram Hemi the way it is now. So some comfort in the longevity department is needed.

There you have it, straight talk from the cheap seats.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:49 AM
Inactive User

Default Nobody knows

What the future is at Chrysler. I can say this: not buying one of their cars/trucks is a sure death warrant for the company.
Look at the pickup trucks offered. Absolutely the best looking, best riding best towing/hauling pickups out there. The 300 series is king of it's segment, the Caliber and journey are great cars, and very popular. The upcoming cars and the tweaked up Sebring/Avenger are sweet cars.
Remember this about the Fiat situation. Marchionne needs Chrysler stuff in his Euro market, as much as he needs American market for the Fiat family of vehicles. Time will tell, but hey, the best way to kill any entity is to loose your faith in the long term effects of good management. Marchionne is a car guy AND a money guy. Track record proves it. Fiat went from joke to serious contender in a short time.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:07 PM

Chrysler out lived the Benz debacle, and many other things previous to that. I plan to buy Chryslers the rest of my life, no matter how long that may be!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Inactive User

I think chrysler is in the best position to really take control of its own future,
At least FIAt is Giving chrysler the oppertunity to succeed at what it does best, build cars that nobody else can and be good at it, Dimler didn't allow Chrysler to do this.