View Single Post

Old 12-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Inactive User

My two cents: There may not be a lot of interest in these theoretical subjects since this is a performance forum, and who cares about mileage. I'm sure there are chatrooms where guys get into theoretical tweaking of designs to improve engine efficiency. Most of the people in this forum have been making cars go fast for 20, 30, 40, 50 years and more. They know there ain't no magic wand anymore, and the odds are no one is gonna find one. It's simple: You cram as much fuel and O2 into a combustion chamber and ignite it. Practically anything you need to make more power than you will ever be able to use is in the Summit or Jegs catalog already. Also, the engine is a heat pump, and theoretically it is only something like 33% efficient at creating power at the max. In addition, AA dragsters go real fast, but they use something like 5 gallons of fuel a second! So, you want power, or fuel economy? Nothing wrong with speculating, but I can see why some folks would just look at some of the ideas discussed here and shrug their shoulders or laugh, because they have heard it all before. 99% of the time, it don't work. Hope I have not offended anyone!