Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Classifieds > Vehicles for Sale > Rear Wheel Drive - Vehicles For Sale

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Inactive User

Default 68 GTX clone $17K

Virtually rust free body that has been painted once. Old couple owned 1968 Plymouth until about 6 years ago, then was bought by the man I got it from. During that time he painted it back the Forest Green factory color, stripped the Satellite chrome and repaired one rust hole in the quarter about the size of a quarter. Currently it has some places where the chrome holes were on the driver's door, and one place on the hood where filler has cracked. Not a show paint job by any stretch of the imagination, but it's more than presentable. The scooped hood has had rust repairs before, along the front edge where the roll is.

.030 440, forged pistons taking it to 10.5-1 compression, 440 source heads, Lunati roller cam, lifters and rockers, forged crank, Weiand WCFB intake and 600 Holley with ceramic coated headers. Engine has maybe 2000 miles on it since rebuild. About the same on the tranny. 4 core aluminum radiator, and many many new parts not listed here. Aftermarket/dealer add on A/C that works great installed. P/S, disc brakes not powered, 2800 stall, 727 tranny, 3.23 gears. Aluminum slots, BFG tires w 275/60-15's on the rear. Oversize front torsion bars, and front and rear sway bars.

Has power leather truck seats in it, along with a console from a '65, gauges installed in dash. Door panels are correct GTX panels but are weak as is dash panel with GTX emblem. 150 mph speedo installed so mileage reading is not correct. Runs and drives great, I wouldn't hesitate to take it cross country today. I have more pictures if you'd like, and would be willing to take any that would make you feel better, heck we could even go for a video drive.

Seller Phone Number: 740 894 0840
Seller Phone Number2: (304) 544-3454

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...d/GTX68low.jpg
Old 06-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Inactive User

Money is important, but a partial trade might be accepted. I wouldn't be selling this now if it wasn't for taxes and medical bills that popped up with out warning, I hate to do it, but immediate sale would give me breathing room. If I make it thru the squeeze without selling it, it won't be sold. Projects will be considered, but I'm not looking for a daily driver type vehicle, just something that may interest me.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Inactive User

I also need to add that I have a 70 Corvette for sale in other sights, and should it sell first, this car will no longer be for sale
Old 07-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Inactive User

Just a short video walk around of the Plymouth and starting it up . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijKzj...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Inactive User

Does anyone have any idea why I'm not getting a response, either here or on any other sight? IS there something terribly wrong, too cheap, too expensive, what's scaring people off. And you're not going to hurt my feelings with your comments, let them fly.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Inactive User

I don't think a whole lot of people have $17k lying around. That's all.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:18 PM

Biggrin

Well, I'll throw my hat into the ring. If I was looking for a vintage musclecar, which I'm not, I would want one as original as possible, without alterations or performance add-ons. I wouldn't want a clone. I know, that is perhaps foolish, but I would want the car as built and as close to stock as possible.

I checked ads for similar cars and many are asking $35k, which is out of sight. However, there were only so many built and a scant few left, so the price of an original is between what a willing buyer and willing seller agree on. It has been said there's an ass for every seat.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Inactive User

The plan right now is to take the car to the Mopar Nats this weekend, which should result in a sale, but if someone wants it and can save me that 3 hour drive, I can make one heck of a deal just so I won't have to suffer for a week recovering from making the trip.If you're interested in the car, this is the time to contact me, I'm motivated lol
Old 08-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Inactive User

Drove to the Nats, was chased for 30 miles or so near Lancaster OH, on the back roads. Guy who stopped me was a serious Chevy fan, but was really interested cause he'd followed me that far, with the way I was driving, and he didn't see any smoke, signs of overheating or anything negative. He said he was totally amazed at how well it handled on the road, thru the curves etc, and he just HAD To check it out. He did a very thorough inspection of the car, and gave me his "Lemme talk to the wife and get back to you". Never heard from him again, but it was exciting while it lasted, and he kept telling me I needed to raise the price it was too cheap. Naw, I don't buy that.

Got to the Nats too late and could only get a parking space way in the back of lot E, so it wasn't seen too much, and one gent and his son who saw the pics hanging on my back was SUPER interested, up to them running to catch me, until they heard me tell them it was a clone. Guess I'll always just build them the way I want to build them, heck with the numbers. I'd rather drive it than sit and check numbers, somewhere the adrenalin seems to be lacking while looking at the numbers.

So.... still available if anyone's interested. I guess if a 69 RR with no quarters, floors or trunk floor, no interior, 383 car with a bare 440 block and no tranny sold for $6500, I can't be too far off on price.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Inactive User

I was thinking yesterday as I was driving the car, I've probably concentrated too much on making sure people knew of any defects I know of. The trigger for that thought was just thinking how smooth, solid, strong and comfortable the ride in the car felt, the numbers of thumbs up I got, and just the general love for the car.

The problem now is how do you take an ad that gave negative feelings from the start, and get across just how really nice this car is? Sheeesh.. I bought a '68 GTX back in '74 that has less than 2000 miles on it (the original owner didn't come home, verified that thru the TN DMV) and this car is way smoother, stronger, etc than the original car was. That was my first GTX, and it started the love I have for those cars today, so saying ANYTHING is better than the memories I had of that car is almost a sacrilege. I guess when you replace almost everything that can be replaced with new parts, and minimum specs were what would be offered stock, with most being replaced with an optional better item, you should expect it to be better than new or original.

Didn't really have an answer as to how you could update the listing, so I just turned up the A/C, cranked the radio some listening to "Radar Love", and applied more pedal pressure, just enjoying the drive and the way the car handles. Curves marked w/ 35mph speed restrictions were being taken at 60, with little to no body roll, no diving nose when you hit the brakes and a smoothness that's hard to believe. Heck I may make it thru this period of need and not need to sell it after all, lol
Old 09-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Inactive User

Sold no longer available
Old 09-09-2013, 03:01 PM

Biggrin

I hope it worked out well for you.